How it Works
How Talent Share could work for you.
Posting a biography on Talent Share
The following Information is required when uploading a biography, do not provide any personal information of yourself within your biography.
Remember that an online biography is a document you control.
- You can tell a story in the way you want it to be told.
- You can update your online biography whenever you like.
- You can use the online biography to build a professional community.
- You can reach out via an online biography to connect with like-minded people.
- You can set your own DATE BIO EXPIRE
Do provide the following information about yourself within the biography.
- Do mention your current job title.
- Do mention your total work experience and skills.
- Do mention your major achievements.
- Do mention your education.
- Do mention your current notice period.
- Do mention your preferred work location.
- Do mention your work preference
- Do mention if you are a south African citizen or not.
Do not provide the following information about yourself within your biography.
- Do not provide your name and surname in the biography.
- Do not provide your ID number in the biography.
- Do not provide your ID photo in the biography.
- Do not provide your current or previous place of work.
- Do not provide your CV in the biography.
- Do not provide your current place of residence
- Do not provide your religion in the biography
- Do not provide your marriage status.
Question? Why, should I not upload my ID Photo. Well, it could be considered as discriminatory should an interviewer judge you by your appearance. So, don’t give the interviewer that opportunity to judge you before you have been screened.
Your residential address and your marital status bear no relevance to your ability to do the job. It is also not necessary to disclose whether or not you have any dependents. Similarly, your age or religion should be of no concern to your future employers. The only time that you might choose to disclose your age is if you are nearing retirement.
Example of how to Write a Professional Biography for a Management Consultant.
As a management consultant, you need to quickly establish your expertise and credentials. An important component of doing this is having a well-written professional biography or bio for short.
A company considering hiring you needs to know that they are choosing the right candidate, one whose background and industry experience matches their needs for the project at hand or Job vacancy. While a CV used to be sufficient to establish your candidate’s credibility, a well written professional biography is now the preferred way to summarize who they are and what they can do for the company. In short, it’s a critical element of your marketing material.
Your biography or bio should include the following:
Your job experience, skills and educational background. While this obviously includes the basics (Like an MBA from UCT), a bio is an excellent place to showcase your continuing business education, any certifications or other qualifications, and related abilities such as mediation or operational experience. A biography is also, a good place to mention any teaching or adult experience you possess, since these skills are often useful in helping work with staff.
Companies want to know specifically what you can or can’t do in a given amount of time, specific descriptions of successful projects are the best way to convey your jobs.
What sets You apart from your peers?
What is your unique advantage from other management consultants in the same field?
More to the point, how are you going to save them time and money?
In today’s modern business climate, many companies are trying to do a great deal with limited resources, attempting to stay “lean and “mean” while still achieving their goals and objectives, often without sufficient staff who possess the necessary expertise. Whether in the area of technology, financials, sales, marketing, or long-term planning, a crackerjack consultant is often what’s needed.
But in order for your biography or bio to be seen, you need to convey your full potential. An effective professional biography is one of your most important marketing tools to achieve optimum exposer for yourself.